5 Easy Day Trips Out of Sydney
by: May 16th, 2014
Take your family on an easy day trip by visiting these great destinations, each just a short drive out of Sydney:
- Symbio Wildlife Park is a zoo where visitors can feed the animals. It’s in Helensburgh, south of Sydney, and is open every day.
- The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk offers spectacular views and its elevated walkway is suitable for buggies too, says mumslounge.com.au.
- Another walk through the trees can be found at the Central Coast TreeTop Adventure Park. Children over three can swing in safety or you can simply take the bridges through the forest instead.
- For a day out where the drive is as good as the destination, take the Princes Highway to the Royal National Park. After 82 km of beautiful scenery, stop at Austinmer for a day at the seaside.
- The Pacific Motorway is your road to the Australian Reptile Park. Home to a wide variety of creatures, families can enjoy a full day here thanks to the free barbecues and picnic space on site.