5 Tips to Make Business Travel Better
by: June 9th, 2014
It’s only natural that when you are traveling for business, you want to get the most out of your miles. Entrepreneur has some great tips for making sure every business trip counts:
- Know the rewards offered by your credit/debit cards - Some cards offer perks, like the American Express Platinum. At the Hilton or Starwood hotels you automatically have gold status which means free room upgrades!
- Check in late for a possible hotel upgrade - By mid-afternoon most elite members with reward programs have already checked-in and received upgrades. Be nice when you’re checking in and ask what’s available. Never ask for an upgrade, but you might just get one.
- Use frequent flyer points for last minute trips - When you have to jet at the last minute it can cost double or triple the amount it normally would. This is the best time to use your frequent flyer points to minimise the damage.
- Discover dining reward programs – Many booking sites allow you to earn points on your credit card, which can sometimes lead to a free meal on your trip!
- Take on a points challenge. If you’re looking to gain airline elite status, one of the fastest ways is by accepting a challenge such as American Airline’s which requires you to earn 10,000 points in three months. The best bit? Once you’ve achieved this on one airline you can usually status match on others.