Five of the Best Travel Apps
Travelling has become so much easier now that there is an app for almost everything. As long as you remember to pack your smartphone, these five travel apps will be indispensable on your next trip:
- The perennial favourite TripAdvisor will save you hours of agonising: its user reviews and navigation feature will point you in the right direction of the best places to eat, stay and play in your chosen location.
- Trover is a great way to uncover the secrets of a place, through photos taken by other users that will always show areas in close proximity to your own location.
- Wi-Fi Finder: as the name suggests, this handy app will inform you of nearby wifi hotspots and can even be used offline by downloading the relevant maps before you set off.
- Make yourself understood in more than 50 languages with Better Translator Pro for $1.95 .
- For $10, you can arm yourself with comprehensive flight information, including times, gate numbers and maps.