- Gold coast
How to Eat Clean on Vacation
March 8th, 2014
An article on shine.yahoo.com recently offered five simple tips to help you eat clean and stay healthy while travelling on vacation.
- Stock up before you go – Visit your health food store and stock up on healthy snacks and treats to keep you going between meals.
- Bring your own water bottle – Travelling is thirsty work, so bring your own bottle, fill it whenever you find a filtered water supply and drink lots of water to stay hydrated and to help flush the toxins from your body.
- Keep exercising – Don’t put daily exercise on hold while you’re travelling. Allow twenty minutes a day for exercise wherever you are. This will help with digestion if you’re eating more than you usually do, and will improve your energy levels as well.
- Stock up when you get there – Most towns have a health food store these days, so ask the locals where it is and drop by while you’re in town. Stocking up on healthy alternatives along the way can help you avoid having to eat junk food if that’s all there is available where you’re staying.
- Go vegetarian – Wherever possible, choose the vegetarian option on the menu. Meat sits heavier in the body and takes longer to digest. Stick with lots of light, nutritious vegetable dishes and you’ll feel much better for it on your travels.