How to Save Money on Travel
by: March 6th, 2014
There are plenty of ways to save money on travel, according to an article on smh.com.au. Here are just a handful of the best:
- Book your holiday when the Aussie dollar is high to avoid paying more overseas.
- If breakfast isn’t included with your room, eat out at a local café as it will normally be cheaper than a hotel breakfast.
- Avoid duty-free purchases at the airport unless you know the normal price back home of the item you are buying is more.
- Travel in the off-peak season if you can. You’ll avoid the crowds and pay less for everything.
- Book a package holiday. Packages are usually cheaper because travel agents buy in bulk at lower prices.
- Get an apartment rather than a hotel room. You’ll save money on everything, including meals.
- When shopping, avoid locals offering to guide you. Shop alone and always haggle for a bargain.
- Make lunch the main meal of the day, as restaurants charge more for dinner.
- Go on a cruise – This is one of the most cost-effective holidays of all, as your accommodation, meals and entertainment are all included.