- Gold coast
Sydney Festival Tickets Selling Fast
by: January 10th, 2014
Tickets to events at this year’s Sydney Festival are selling fast, with some smaller venue shows already close to capacity.
With an annual turnover of some $19 million, the 17-day Sydney Festival is a major drawcard on the city’s event calendar. According to the festival’s executive director, Chris Tooher, ticket sales are tracking well in the lead up to the festival opening.
This year’s Sydney Festival will feature a range of diverse and engaging events. Some highlights include:
- a disco show called Hot Dub Time Machine
- playwright Samuel Beckett’s first ever radio play All That Fall
- acclaimed American musician Kurt Vile in concert
- a cabaret show with a twist in Hyde Park
- Queensland Theatre Company’s production of Black Diggers, portraying the plight of Aboriginal soldiers in the First World War
- festival director Shaun Parker’s dance piece, Am I
The Sydney Festival kicks off on January the 9th and judging by current ticket sales, it has every indication of being a resounding success in 2014.