- Gold coast
Sydney’s Top Pizza Joints
by: July 15th, 2014
Great crusts and a flair for ingredients make a great pizza, according to The Urban List which listed some top Sydney pizza parlours:
- Da Orazio Pizza + Porchetta, Bondi: Neapolitan wood-fired ovens and traditional toppings like smoked mozzarella are the focus at this venture by the people who brought you Icebergs at Bondi.
- Cipro Pizza, Alexandria: Order the pork and veal meatball pizza with eggplant, provolone and basil, if you can get a seat at this warehouse-style venue.
- Gigi Pizzeria, Newotwn: This place takes its dough so seriously that it belongs to the True Neapolitan Pizza Association (really), devoted to the preservation of ancient and justified Neapolitan pizza methods.
- Pompei’s, Bondi: Among the traditional options at this institution are modern offerings like juniper berries, smoked prosciutto and mushrooms.
- Casa Bella Pizza, Concord West: The Supreme here just might be the most supreme pizza of all, topped with every ingredient you can think of.
- Napoli in Bocca, Haberfield: This is a family-run restaurant serving home-style pizza at its best. The Caprese with tomato, bocconcini, basil and olive oil is super. The family even runs monthly pizza making classes where you can learn to use that Neapolitan wood-fired oven to perfection.