The Best Ways to Pack a Suitcase
by: December 14th, 2013
Pack smartly for your trip with these top tips from Travel + Leisure:
- Minimise wrinkling and maximise space by folding clothes in half before rolling them up.
- Business travellers with suits and shirts to transport should place a layer of tissue paper between each item of folded clothing.
- Try leaving clothes on hangers to make unpacking at your destination quick and easy.
- Bulky items can be sucked down to size with a compression bag – use a vacuum to remove air from the bag after filling to save a huge amount of space.
- Removable inner pockets will keep all your small items together and help with organisation and unpacking at the other end.
Travel + Leisure offers several tips for packing shoes:
- A shoe bag is the cleanest option
- If you don’t have a shoe bag, keep soles away from clothes – place shoes with the soles facing up, on top of clothes.
- Maximise space by stuffing shoes into gaps round the outside of your clothes and in the corners of cases.