What to See in Sydney in Just One Day
by: March 5th, 2014
If you only have one day in the harbour city, an article on experienceoz.com.au offered the following suggestions on how to see as much of Sydney as you can:
- Take in the spectacular views of the city from Sydney Tower Eye, on the corner of Pitt and Market Streets.
- For a taste of Australian culture, visit the Art Gallery of New South Wales in Art Gallery Road.
- Explore the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens, which are just a short walk from the art gallery.
- Continue on to Circular Quay, where you can take a ferry to a variety of locations and get great views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Check out the iconic Sydney Opera House on Bennelong Point and take a tour if time permits.
- Hop on a ferry and take a harbour tour, or pop over to Taronga Park Zoo for a relaxing afternoon.
- Have dinner at one of the many restaurants in Darling Harbour, with around forty different dining options to choose from.
- End your day with a night tour of Sydney’s CBD for a whole different perspective, taking in Chinatown, the Spanish Quarter and George Street.